Re: Pursuant to my efforts to remove, and update the remaining :amd64 built packages [SOLVED]

<snip>
> I just let it do it all, and will "wait for the other shoe to drop"
> One thing that seems missing in these procedures is when a bunch of libs
> have been purged, is a run of ldconfig to clean up things.

No, when purging a debian package, dpkg triggers actions like ldconfig as
prescribed by control scripts contained in the package (a.o., these script are
still on the system when a package is merely removed). These scripts are stored
in /var/lib/dpkg/info for every package installed. For example there is a
"libpixman-1-0:amd64.triggers" package on my system (amd64) which triggers ldconfig.

Best regards,
jvp.