Re: libreCAD, can't find help docs

On Sunday 05 June 2016 05:59:14 Curt wrote:

> >> Did you give the built-in help system a try?
> >
> > That is what it is reporting that it cannot find.
>
> That is really unfair.

On my part?  Really?  I find entirely too often on linux, that the help
tut from that menu pulldown is missing an annoying percentage of the
time.  No biggie to the author, he knows how to run his masterpiece,
can't you figure it out on your own?  Thats good for the soil when its
found on the ground behind the male of the bovine specie, but not much
else.

> All I can find as a "pis aller" after a quick look is this:
>
> http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_users_Manual

This I did find, but its for a much newer version 2.0 than what is in the
repo's.  That repo version is 1.02 according the about, built in 2012.
So one could say they are a tad out of step. And I don't really see any
great amount of progress in bringing the repo version up to the docs
version. Version 2.0 can apparently export in .svg, and .svg's can be
assigned a scale and made into GCode without any huge hassle.  But the
repo version cannot, leaving no easy route from its dxf output to
something that can carve metal.  So, since I don't see a good tut for
this, and its not able to export in a file format I can use, I'll
expunge it and continue my search for something usable.

I had hopes that Dan Heeks would finish heekscad, which had a companion
heekscnc that could spit out useable code, but he jumped ship to work on
freecad, but to my knowledge heekscnc was not brought along, so freecad
has no output format that is machine translateable to rs-274-d, that I
am aware of.

> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=librecad

> > Thanks.
> >

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Thanks for the links, but they don't fit the code I have.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)