Re: Pursuant to my efforts to remove, and update the remaining :amd64 built packages

Hi,

Gene Heskett wrote on 06/03/16 13:14:
> Greetings all;
>
> I re-added the amd64 architecture to the architecture's in dpkg/synaptic,
> but the package -> force-version remains stubbornly ghosted, so I cannot
> fix any broken patckages that are preventing the install of any updates.
>
> So I try to have dpkg remove the amd64 aarchitecture, but now get a
> database is locked error.  The system is working, quite stably, but I

Using aptitude I would command

  aptitude purge '~ramd64'

and maybe

  aptitude purge '~c'

which should remove leftover config files from packages previously removed.

Then again

  dpkg --remove-architecture amd64

Regards,
jvp.