Syslog-NG

Dear Group,

I am running Syslog-ng on a Raspberry Pi, it stores the data sent to it
on a 64G memory stick. It's working very well.

I retrieve the syslog file by SSHing into the Pi and copying the file to
my main PC.

The problem I have is that the file has now grown to 3.7G and normal
text editors wont open it.

Can anybody recommend a text editor or text viewer that will work with
large files?

The solution going forward is to get Syslog-ng to start a new file every
month, anybody know if this is possible?

regards,

David.