Re: ssh-ing in inside private network

David Wright wrote:
> On Wed 01 Jun 2016 at 14:47:11 (-0000), Dan Purgert wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> I came "late" to the party myself, and missed the post where I imagine
>> why Lisi is after runlevel 1.
>>
>> Personally, with the exception of my laptop, everything starts in
>> runlevel 3 here.
>
> IIRC Debian has always left it to the admin to make runlevels 2 and 3
> distinct from one another. (OTOH I've never thought about how to
> implement that in either sysvinit or systemd.)

>From what I can tell, runlevels 2-5 all look identical in a default
(Jessie) install.

I've always used systems that have "standard" runlevels

0 = halt
1 = single user
2 = (unused /user-defined)
3 = multi-user, X disabled
4 = (unused / user-defined)
5 = multi-user, X enabled

Though, in playing with Debian, I'm finding they set runlevel2 =
"standard runlevel5".  Haven't gotten around to "fixing" it.

--
Registered Linux user #585947
Github: https://github.com/dpurgert