Testing Dist MIPS Install Problem

Hello all,

I'm playing around with using QEMU to configure different install environments. At present, I am able to successfully install and run a Debian MIPS install using the latest table release:

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/installer-mips/current/images/malta/netboot/

However, when I attempt to do the same process with the testing branch, upon start-up of the installer I immediately get a kernel panic:

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-mips/current/images/malta/netboot/

[    1.903631] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00000004
[    1.903631]
[    1.905232] ---[ end Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00000004

Anyone know why this would be? It works just fine in stable but panics in testing.

Best,

Mike