Re: google-chrome-stable on Wheezy

On 05/31/2016 11:15 PM, SamuelOPH wrote:

> <mailto:mikemcginn@mcginnweb.net>>:
>
>     Again, thanks for all the efforts. I am a bit surprised that there is
>     not an archive of old chrome versions. One would think they would have
>     the room with all the email account space that they give away.
>

> ​We both know it isn't a matter of space, i don't think anybody would
> fancy another IE6 era.
> Bless them for trying to prevent it.
>
> I know that is your decision and you probably considered it, but i'm
> gonna give it a try, do you really need to run Wheezy?
> ​Maybe somebody can help you with any worries regarding the upgrade.​
>

> Samuel Henrique O. P. [samueloph]

Hi Samuel,
It is not an issue of need, it is an issue of time. I am the software
engineer / server guy at work, so I use my laptop at work and home. When
I upgraded from Squeeze it tool more than eight hours. I simply do not
have a day to piss away right now. I will do it eventually as time permits.

The computer is my tool, it is not the other way around.

Mike

--
Mike McGinn		KD2CNU
President, UU Congregation at Rock Tavern * www.uucrt.org