Re: google-chrome-stable on Wheezy

On 05/31/2016 04:40 PM, Sven Hartge wrote:
> Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Right, I misremembered and confused a different fact. Google at one time
> said it would not intentionally remove the support for 32bit
> architectures from the Chromium source, so that Distributions can still
> compile it. But this is of course not valid for Google Chrome.
>
> So the only remaining option for Wheezy is Firefox with Flash 11.2
> (which is still supported by Adobe).
>
> Again: time to update.
>
> Grüße,
> Sven.

Thanks for all the effort. I do not have time to muck around with this.
I restored all my files and my development tree from backups. I back up
daily - and you should too.

I installed the opera browser and it seems to be an ok browser - and
less memory hungry than google chrome stable.

Again, thanks for all the efforts. I am a bit surprised that there is
not an archive of old chrome versions. One would think they would have
the room with all the email account space that they give away.

Best,
Mike

--
Mike McGinn		KD2CNU