Re: google-chrome-stable on Wheezy

On 2016-05-31 21:03 +0200, Sven Hartge wrote:

> Ah, I see. Google compiled Chrome with a newer C++ library and broke
> the dependencies for Wheezy.
>
> I guess they waited until Wheezy was no longer supported by Debian
> outside of the LTS-Project and then dropped support for it.

No, Google does not care about Debian release cycles.  The reason they
stopped supporting Wheezy is because they need a newer C++ compiler and
library with better C++11 support than offered by g++-4.7.

>> Seems I can not install google-chrome-stable on Wheezy anymore.
>
> Yes, seems that way.
>
> Only Chromium and Firefox remain.

Chromium in Wheezy was EOL'd 16 months ago, for the same reason that
there is no Google Chrome there:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2015/msg00031.html.

Cheers,
       Sven