Ubuntu package in Debian

Hello!

I'm starting to use Debian. Chosen testing for now to support my latest hardware. I also need to install home wireless printer/scanner. I've found drivers and application on manufacturer website (http://www.canon.pl/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg2950.aspx?type=drivers=). There are packages available in deb format but as the requirement section says it's for Ubuntu. Will I do much harm for Debian installing it? As per Debian Wiki it's not recommended but I'm afraid I have not much choice.

Thanks for you input!