Re: What Mid-range USB Sound Cards Work with Linux?

deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> writes:
> This is a different topic - there is the remote control group -
> http://www.lirc.org
>
> I've even dared to fix few things in the kernel driver to make a remote
> work
> properly - but it was ages ago.
>
> I than mapped manually the keys to action in different apps.
>
> regards

	Yes! I agree as I have also dabbled in interfacing
infrared remotes but the lirc project appears to be light years
ahead of what I ever did which was to get an
Apple II to issue IR commands to a short wave radio receiver
which had an IR remote back in 1986. I got it to work but it
certainly wasn't expandable to any other system other than that
one and another made by the same company. The hardware today is
so much faster, better and cheaper when it comes to measuring
time and generating pulses of a given time which is the name of
the game when working with IR control.

	As for that sound card, I was not interested in making
the remote work, but was seeing how much of it did work the day I
first tried it out. Without lirc support, the only button that
works is the Power button so I removed the batteries and set it
aside for now as being able to shut it down by remote does much
more harm than good;).

Martin