Re: What Mid-range USB Sound Cards Work with Linux?

On Wed, 25 May 2016 11:24:48 +0200
deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a different topic - there is the remote control group -
> http://www.lirc.org
>
> I've even dared to fix few things in the kernel driver to make a remote
> work properly - but it was ages ago.
>
> I than mapped manually the keys to action in different apps.

Personally I never had to mess with the kernel, but it happened that I
had to play around with irrecord to set up a working lircd.conf file for
the remote / receiver combination in use. Usually it should even be not
much of a problem to create a working lircd.conf for a given ir-receiver
with an entirely different remote by catching the codes sent by the
remote with irrecord and then mapping these to the desired lirc events in
the lircd.conf file.

Regards

Michael

	"What happened to the crewman?"
	"The M-5 computer needed a new power source, the crewman merely
got in the way."
		-- Kirk and Dr. Richard Daystrom, "The Ultimate Computer",
		   stardate 4731.3.