Re: What Mid-range USB Sound Cards Work with Linux?

Martin McCormick wrote:

> I do have an older USB card, for instance, that is a
> SoundBlaster Extigy. I bought it second-hand at a swap meet and
> in Debian, it records and plays just fine but had I gotten it
> new, I would have been aggravated. There is a nice slick remote
> control that came with the card and the only button on it that
> does anything is the Power switch that you do not ever want to
> accidentally press as it turns off and your OS is very unhappy at
> the sudden vaporization of the device one was writing to or
> reading from.

This is a different topic - there is the remote control group -
http://www.lirc.org

I've even dared to fix few things in the kernel driver to make a remote work
properly - but it was ages ago.

I than mapped manually the keys to action in different apps.

regards