Re: Trying to Make a SBAWE64 ISA Card Work in Wheezy

deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> writes:
> I recall setting those in bios years ago, but I think its doable in the
> kernel as well (driver? maybe)
>
> However you should read at least the manual to your card [3].
>

> IT looks to me both CS4236B and S16 reister to the 8bit ISA while the
> other
> with IRQ9 must be 16bit - thus getting IRQ>8
>
> look at [1] to see which IRQ you could probably use and into [3] for
> detailed spec on ISA configuration.
>
> [1] http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LG/issue38/blanchard.html
> [2] http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Plug-and-Play-HOWTO-11.html
> [3] http://people.freebsd.org/~tanimura/docs/4236b.pdf

	Thank you. I haven't read everything yet but this looks
like an excellent reference on IRQ's, etc.

	The card plugs in to an ISA 16-bit connector. The entire
edge connector fills the ISA slot. If you look in to the slot,
there is a break which, I seem to recall, will allow one to
insert a 8-bit card or the longer 16-bit card. Anyway, I see what
you are saying about it registering to the 8-bit IRQ's. as in
anything below IRQ 8. This may be the problem and setting it in
the BIOS may translate IRQ 5 to Irq 8 or above which would remove
the contention. This really makes a lot of sense. The Module for
the first card to register probably determines that something is
already on IRQ 5 in this case and properly does not attempt to
attach anything else to it.

	If there is a reasonable solution to this issue, after
reading the links you posted, I will post it to the list and
maybe save somebody else some head-banging.

Martin