Re: Got that network problem solved, now a new one

[Please don't top post]

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 11:09:02PM +0000, John L. Ries wrote:
> I guess my first question would be why the script below has anything to do
> with /opt.  I don't see a change of directory to anything under that
> directory and I would assume this is running in some directory you own.
>

> System directory permissions are sometimes changed during software updates;
> annoying, but true.  I sometimes have to change permissions on /usr/local/src
> for that reason.

That would seem like a serious bug, the package manager doesn't touch the local
tree. I'm guessing it was a 3rd party application which you compiled/installed
which of course the package manager has no control over.

--
The media's the most powerful entity on earth.
They have the power to make the innocent guilty