Customizing/repository question

Good morning. I was just wandering, is it safe to use packages from another Debian based district repositories by adding them to my sources file, specifically Kali Linux? My dual boot failed, and while I don't mind having to boot into Kali for the tough stuff, I'd rather get what functionality out of Jessie I can in the same regards, namely the packages that aren't in the debian repositories. The only notable difference between the two sisters that I found, aside from intended use, is that you always login as route in Kali, mitigated by using sudo in Jessie.  Just wanted to know if this is either a, a good solution, b, a horrible idea or c, trial and error time. I've already had to fix a broken system multiple times and I just started using debian about two or three weeks ago so not trying to go through to much more hell for a few days at least.