Re: Anytime I touch a print function, get error but it works

On Saturday 14 May 2016 02:15:30 cbannister@slingshot.co.nz wrote:

> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 04:23:16PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Fixed it right up, thank you very much, Curt.  Since it had to
> > create that path in /etc from scratch, is there a way to ask dpkg
> > what provides this file so that I can make the mental connection to
> > something I have installed recently?
>
> Yes, I use:
>
> dpkg -S /path/to/file/filename

Which returns gnome-keyring if I search for gnome-keyring-module
and nothing if I search for gnome-keyring.module
so this name miss-match has existed since 2012? Boggles my mind.

Shirley I am not the only possessor of a smart card socket on the
planet...  At least I guess thats what one of the 4 sockets on the front
of a Brother MFC-J6920DW printer/scanner/fax combo is. Not that I'd ever
plug a phone cable into it since a fax machine also collects spam.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)