Re: Timing issue with fstab NFS mounts

> While the rest of my system is just cherry, I have not yet been able

> to solve the problem of why an NFS mount and associated binds don't
> work unless and until I wait a minute or two after the system comes

> up [...]

Sounds like the normal 90-second NFS grace period to me -- a feature,
not a bug.  If I run 'journalctl | grep grace' on one of my machines
I get:

May 12 17:50:07 fileserver kernel: NFSD: starting 90-second grace period (net ffffffff81c64a00)

This _is_ configurable, but there is an open Debian (wishlist) bug
about that:

Some further discussion justifying the "lease time"/"grace period"
feature, including a possible workaround for the bug above, see:

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/42868

HTH,
Dave W.