Re: mutt attachment error

On Fri 13 May 2016 at 07:10:02 (-0400), Haines Brown wrote:
> I'm still having no luck increasing maximum attachment size.
>
> I create file: /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.localmacros
> I leave it default permissions: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root
> It has a single line: MESSAGE_SIZE_LIMIT = 200M
> followed by CR.

That's all correct (for unsplit configurations) †.

> And I restart exim: # invoke-rc.d exim4 reload

But you haven't reconfigured exim yet. As I pointed out,
the Debian way to do that is:

# dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

and that will *also* look after restarting exim in the
appropriate way for your system.

† I think it's good practice to put a comment line at the
end of the file. You wrote that you put a CR at the end,
but it's more likely to be a LF. Put a comment line, and
then you know (and can *see*) the problem is taken care of.

Cheers,
David.