Re: mutt attachment error

On Tue 10 May 2016 at 12:56:47 -0600, Charlie Kravetz wrote:

> On Tue, 10 May 2016 17:03:47 +0100
> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >Didn't spot that; exim's .confs can be confusing. What file is used for
> >non-split configuration?
> >

> Not meaning to send this to you, Brian, but I lost the previous message.
>
> I would like to know that, too. Since /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf
> has the following at the beginning:

>From a previous Sven Hartge post

you need to use "a file called "/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.localmacros",
which will then get included in the autogenerated config file". I've
not tried it but the advice looks kosher.

> # /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf
> #
> # Edit this file and /etc/mailname by hand and execute update-exim4.conf
> # yourself or use 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config'
>
> That would seem to me to be the way to make it work.

/etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf is for configuring how Debian's exim4
basically works for sending or receiving mail, not for setting exim4
specific parameters which modify the sending or receiving.