Re: Flashplayer on 32 bit computers

Hi,

Lisi wrote:
> In Stable or newer jdk6 would surely have been removed for me by aptitude?

Can you still get jdk6 built from source ? (Possibly a nighmare
of dependencies.)

> It is a sad day when Windows is in any way better for a legacy computer than
> Linux;

Well, talk about concurrent DVD burning to more than one /dev/sr*,
about proper reading of TAO CDs, and the impatience not to wait for
a CD drive to become ready after the kernel automatically pulled
in the tray on the first read attempt.

I meanwhile believe to know the reasons for these regressions but
cannot get any attention from linux-scsi. (They care for Atari
hardware, instead. So it is my smell which repels them, not my
objective ?)

The workarounds in userspace are at best embarrassing (e.g. use
/dev/sg, which Linus himself deprecated for CD burning a decade ago).

Have a nice day :)

Thomas