Flashplayer on 32 bit computers

I seem to have hit the following:
My client cannot run an up-to-date Flashplayer on Linux.  If she insists on
running Flashplayer, she can run an out of date Flashplayer in her current
Debian system (if I can get a functional one installed) or she can go out,
buy and install Windows.  She will then be able to run an up-to-date
Flashplayer.  Or she can buy a new computer.

It is a sad day when Windows is in any way better for a legacy computer than
Linux; one of whose strengths used to be how good it was for legacy
computers.

It is also a pity that Wheezy LTS appears not to be a truly viable proposition
for the desktop.  I still have jdk7 to sort out on three computers.  In
Stable or newer jdk6 would surely have been removed for me by aptitude?

Lisi