Re: [solved] network scanner not detected

On Fri, 6 May 2016, Piyavkin wrote:

Or because you've just reinstalled it, since everything was fine on other machine with the same system, and on the troubled machine before the issue had been started.

  wrong: I first re-installed the hplip Debian package, and the device
  was not detected by hp-probe (and of course not the scanner)
  You can't say that Debian on i386 and amd64 are really "the same systems",
  as the available versions are different for a lot of packages.
  For example, the hplip versions are different.
  It even happens that some packages are not available at all for amd64.

Cool device you have, by the way. It even can do direct wireless printing from mobile devices. I wonder, how in the configuration (direct connection to network) access privileges should be managed: on the router, by settings in the printer, or some other way?

  Nothing to configure. You have just to install HPePrint on the Android
  device. You don't use the router when you print from the local network,
  and when you are not at home, it's not very useful to print.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel