Re: [Jessie] Is there a way to delay bonding interface initalization to happen after network driver is up

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 17:52:36 +0200, Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de>
wrote:

> Mariusz Gronczewski <xani@efigence.com> wrote:
>
> > I have 2 machines(IBM servers). Both use bnx2 NIC driver but one is VERY
> > slow to boot thru kernel (2.3s vs 27s)
>
> > Config is:
>
> > auto bond508
> > allow-hotplug bond508
>
> > iface bond508 inet  static
> >     address 1.2.3.4/24
> >     slaves eth0.508 eth1.508
> >     bond-mode active-backup
>
> Question, separate from your problem: Why do you bond the VLANed
> interfaces instead of the raw eth0/1 and then VLAN the bond? Is there a
> special reason you do it that way?

Bugs in centos/nic drivers, mostly, we're migrating away from it and I
want to try to make same config first before playing around with
different ways to do it. We have config you've descriped on several
c5/6 machines but for some reason it didn't wanted to work in c6 when
there was both tagged and untagged vlan on wire. After spending some
time trying to figure out why same config in c5 doesn't want to work in
c6 I did it that way.

We also have few odd servers that need different bond config for
different vlans (mostly by having different "active" cards in each to
not force all traffic via one switch)

--
Mariusz Gronczewski, Administrator

Efigence S. A.