Re: boot hangs at network interfaces

On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 04:37:19AM +0000, Mark Fletcher wrote:
> On Wed, May 4, 2016, 1:09 AM Henning Follmann <hfollmann@itcfollmann.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I do have an old laptop. I installed a minimal system without any network
> > manager.
> > Now if there is no network cable plugged in during boot time systemd hangs
> > forever at the network interface part.
> >

> Sorry to ask a potentially dumb question, but does that imply that if the
> network cable IS connected, it boots OK?
>
> Mark

exactly that.
This is not my only machine with debian  on it. It is my only laptop
without a network manager. It is totally weird.
I think it has to do with dhcp and that there is no timeout set. So it
waits forever to pick up an Ip address (which of course doesn't work
without a cable).

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com