Re: In stretch, how do I disable libinput and use evdev instead?

On Sun, May 1, 2016, at 12:57 PM, Ian Kelling wrote:
> Because the mouse acceleration is bad.
>
> I'm using a normal mouse, and the speed of the pointer is too fast when
> moving the mouse slowly. evdev has a very rich set of options, while
> libinput has just a single one at runtime, which does not help (xinput
> --set-prop 15 "libinput Accel Speed" -1), and something about maybe able
> to change the acceleration profile at startup, which I doubt will help.

I found a solution

A little more googling lead me to this
https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/faq.html
then this
https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/motion_normalization.html
then
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-hwdb.html
then
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/hwdb.html#

Then installed
libevdev-tools
and ran
mouse-dpi-tool /dev/input/event10
/dev/input/even10 i got from doing
xinput --list
then
xinput --list-props 11(my current mouse's id)

then put the output of mouse-dpi-tool into

/etc/udev/hwdb.d/01-ian.hwdb

then
sudo systemd-hwdb update
sudo systemct restart systemd-udev-trigger

then restart X