all at a sudden Firefox

All at a sudden Firefox started opening all websites with tiny fonts. I
have to hit Ctl++ several times on each new page to be able to reed it.

The only thing changed before the problem showed up - Google Chrome was
updated to the latest version via apt-get. No other changes to the system
were made.

I've no idea what's happened and how to get rid of the problem. Cleaned
cache, history, cookies - all in wain. It's dead boring to keep hitting
Ctl++ on each page.

Anybody? Suggestions?

Thanks