Re: RECOMMEND: Wireless Home Router with VPN Built-In

On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, Petter Adsen wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 17:46:31 -0700
> Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I'd look at the list of routers that support OpenWRT or DD-WRT and
> > > choose from that subset, if you want an off-the-shelf product.
> >
> > I have been considering that.  Just started looking yesterday.  Lots
> > of routers out there.  That's why I asked for recommendations.  To
> > narrow the field.
>
> I bought a TP-Link Archer C5 a while ago, the main reason being that
> OpenWRT is well supported on it. I've been happy with it, although
> I've never used it as a VPN endpoint.

Thanks for the router recommendation.

Consider Openwrt more suited to the pros -- more features, more
configurable, etc.. DD-WRT might be better for me as it's mostly
pre-configured to make set up easier for a lowly tyro.  At least, that's
what I've been reading.