Re: Portable Debian?

On 04/25/2016 03:21 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:
My system that I built late last year/early this year is running
great, except for the occasional overrun of inbound ssh from such
addresses as 59.*.*.*, 213.*.*.* and others, but that's only because
I have not put any blockers in place, either on my home gateway
device or my Debian system, but that one's on me. I have no GUI
desktops installed, I run completely from CLI and use Speakup for all
of it, including and especially Image for Linux for backup and
restore, which I use on all my Windows machines..

I'd like to take the installed Debian system as it is, write it to a
CD or DVD, and use that as a talking backup/restore disc. Is this
possible? Or should I create a new installation and write it to an
ISO image, or just what should I do to accomplish the goal of
creating a basic talking Debian shell environment that includes a
licensed IFL?

As always, thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

If your motherboard firmware and Debian version support booting and
running from USB, you could clone your existing system drive to a USB
drive -- flash drive, HDD, SSD, SSHD.

Alternatively, make your own Debian Live images (hybrid ISO -- can put on optical discs or USB drives):

    https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-live/