Re: Package maintainers, I feel like such an outsider

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 14:02:26 +0000
Wayne Booth <wbooth.clearscene@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Sorry for this little lost sheep mail, but even after pouring over the
>documentation many times, I really cant find a solution to my issue.
>
>I'm a developer of some 3rd party applications, one of which is getting
>some traction with a wider audience. For some time I've looked at
>documentation and articles about how to get a package into the Debian
>repositories. Unfortunately, with no luck - since it seems to me that I
>need to have some of relationships with people at Debian, that have access.
>(?)
>
>Recently, I found that one of the libraries I use has just dropped off the
>Debian repositories (
>https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=751916). This kills the
>USP for my application. I can provide a .deb to my users for my app, but
>cannot for the requisite libraries.
>
>So, my question is this. Is there anything I can do, as someone with no
>special merit or connections at Debian, but with time, technical skill and
>the motivation to see this happen, to get the "pHash" re-included into the
>repositories?
>
>And, second (to a lesser degree for now) start the ball rolling in getting
>my application into the repositories?
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Regards.
>
>Wayne Booth.

You might have more luck with the Debian Developers instead of the
users. Most of us here have nothing to do with getting a new package
accepted. Sometimes the devs do look in on us, though. Try one of the
developer lists, if possible:

https://lists.debian.org/devel.html

- --
Charlie Kravetz