Re: Posts don't show on list

On Fri 22 Apr 2016 at 05:11:07 (-0400), Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 22 April 2016 04:43:56 Richard Owlett wrote:
> > On 4/21/2016 11:49 PM, Michael Milliman wrote:
> > > I have participated in several threads on this list and have
> > > asked a few questions on the list.  I never see my own posts, but
> > > as I do see the results on the list, I know that they are getting
> > > through.
> > That's a frequently reported "feature" of gmail.
> > Personally I suspect "free" service isn't worth what you pay for it.
> > I'm very happy using paid ($) mail and news servers :}
>
> Paid?  Mail? Its part of YOUR ISP's responsibility to provide a mail server.

Yes, but your email address will likely be chosen for you, and will
change each time you change ISP. Changing your email address is
exactly what you *don't* want to do when, for example, you move
house.

There's also the issue of going on the road.

> But mail servers
> are part of an ISP's job description, so use them. You have already paid
> for them when you pay your monthly bill.

I only use my ISP sending from home, and never for receiving mail.

Cheers,
David.