Re: Posts don't show on list

On Friday 22 April 2016 04:43:56 Richard Owlett wrote:

> On 4/21/2016 11:49 PM, Michael Milliman wrote:
> > On 04/21/2016 09:18 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
> >> Actually this time it worked for the first time in a month.
> >> Hopefully the problem has been corrected. Thanks for your
> >> reply. Normally we do get a return copy of our posts
> >
> > I have participated in several threads on this list and have
> > asked a few questions on the list.  I never see my own posts, but
> > as I do see the results on the list, I know that they are getting
> > through.
>
> That's a frequently reported "feature" of gmail.
> Personally I suspect "free" service isn't worth what you pay for it.
> I'm very happy using paid ($) mail and news servers :}

Paid?  Mail? Its part of YOUR ISP's responsibility to provide a mail
server.  News servers now, are a different horse entirely, involving a
huge expense just for the incoming news bandwidth which can easily
exceed 100x all the other traffic an ISP handles.  Those I can see as
subscription fee models as that bandwidth is not free.  But mail servers
are part of an ISP's job description, so use them. You have already paid
for them when you pay your monthly bill.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)