Re: Script doesn't work when it is run using '#!/bin/sh'

On Saturday 16 April 2016 16:30:19 Jeremy Nicoll wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Apr 2016, at 16:33, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > And I still miss ARexx.
> > Even bash cannot do the intimate to the os things that ARexx could
> > do.
>
> Have you considered using Regina REXX or ooREXX instead?

Yes, but typically both have bailed out, syntax error because the syscall
they tried to do is not part of their version of the language.  Usually
by line 3 of the script.  ARexx it turns out, is a HUGE superset of
Regina Rexx. And ooRexx had dependencies that were not available in the
repos at the time.  So I do about 1/3rd of what ARexx could do, in half
the bash code now.

Thanks Jeremy.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)