Incorrect arp reply when bonding and 3rd interface are on same LAN.

Hello.

A server has 3 interfaces: eth0, eth1, eth2. I've setup a bond12 with mode adaptive-alb with eth1 and eth2. Now interfaces have:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address x.x.x.1
netmask 255.255.255.0

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet manual

auto eth2
iface eth2 inet manual

auto bond12
iface bond12 inet static
address x.x.x.2
netmask 255.255.255.0
bond-slaves eth1 eth2
bond-mode balance-alb

All interfaces are connected to 3 different switches which are on same LAN (switches are interconnected).

The problem is that when I do from another computer:

arping -c 1 -I eth0 x.x.x.1

or

arping -c 1 -I eth0 x.x.x.2

in both cases I receive two mac addresses: one for eth0 and another for currently active interface in the bond. This confuses clients and there are problem when accessing servicing on incorrect interface regarding the IP.

mac for x.x.x.1 must be of the eth0
mac for x.x.x.2 must be of the currently active interface in the bond

What could be the problem?

Also on start-up, bond0 is also created with no slaves. Why it is created?

Thank you.