Re: Firefox install

On 04/14/2016 01:22 AM, Liam O'Toole wrote:
On 2016-04-14, Marc Shapiro <marcnshap@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2016-04-13, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wednesday 13 April 2016 10:30:46 arian wrote:
Hi Marc,

firefox is not in jessie-backports, but in unstable.
??

And I have installed it from Jessie backports. Also from wheezy backports.

Lisi

I take it you're using the mozilla.debian.net repositories?

That is what I am attempting to do.

Marc

My question was directed at Lisi (and arian, indirectly) and intended to
clear up the mystery surrounding the whereabouts of the firefox package.
It seems that Lisi is using mozilla.debian.net, whereas arian is not.

I followed the same instructions that you did, on mozilla.debian.net,
and installed firefox-esr from that repository. I didn't get the warning
about untrusted packages. After you have installed the keys you have to
run 'apt-get update' or 'aptitude update' again, but I think you already
mentioned that you did that.

No, actually that appears to be the step that I missed. I did the key installs with aptitude then tried the firefox install. I did not do an 'aptitude update' in between. I just tried that now and the warnings have dissapeared.

Thank you.

Marc