Re: Call for testing: upcoming samba security update

This doesn't sound very reassuring. Is it better to wait to update samba 4.1.17 to 4.2.10 on jessie?

How do I revert to previous version 4.1.17 if the update fails? Are there any instructions how do that?

KR birgit

Virgo Pärna <virgo.parna@mail.ee> schreibt:
On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 10:02:22 +0100, Chris Boot <crb@tiger-computing.co.uk> wrote:

> When running a Samba 4 DC, the shift from 4.1 to 4.2 brings some major
> changes with it and people's smb.conf will need changing. The "server
> services" line needs "winbind" replacing with "winbindd", and the user
> must ensure the winbind package is installed. Otherwise, Samba will
> silently fail to provide a working DC.

        So that's why my upgrade ended with disaster and reverting to
previous version.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee