Re: OT But Still: Who has Ian's Computer(s)?

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016 12:42:16 -0400
Cindy-Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi...
>
> Gábor's question, "What is cisco-sccp?" [1], just triggered a thought.
> Who has Ian's [2] computers? Were they preserved in their last used
> state as one might surely expect to be done with respect to someone of
> his tech value and history?

I don't understand the relevance of the links you posted. I don't understand your thought process in going from a question asking what Cisco SCCP is to suddenly pondering what could have happened to imurdock's computers. Care to elaborate as to how you got from point A to point B?

I'm pretty sure his computers would have passed on to next-of-kin, or whoever else he specified in his will. Whether those people decide to preserve them or not is up to them.

> Most unhumbly... if it has not already been done, his daily, personal
> equipment needs scrutinized for ANY signs of stealth.... *leeching*
> type _intrusion_ that would have occurred from within a few feet of
> his home.
>
> It's a no-brainer that his equipment was likely scoured for last days
> of correspondence but not necessarily for whether he had been [jail
> broken] by neighbors somehow. I'm talking about just out right [tick
> ant] "leeching", NOT "espionage" type behavior....

In the sense of "unauthorised use of WiFi" type leeching? I don't really follow. What would Ian's neighbours tapping into his resources have had to do with him killing himself?

> As a potential... explanation.

For his suicide?