Modified Rapture<g>, and a new question

Well, I finally got my Jessie installed!  I had to pick a different kernel than then one
suggested, but things finally went through.  I was even able to use the partitions I had
prepared and carefully sized.

My question:  how do I install "new" SW?  E.g. emacs, and mutt, and ImageMagick?  These
are not found on the one CD I have.  I have in addition a thumb drive, which came with
my purchase from LinuxCollections.  I have mounted it and find that it is chock full
of .deb files.  I suppose there is some way of 'manually' copying a particular .deb
to my disk and then installing it.  But I am afraid of getting stuck in "dependency
hell".  Does someone here also have the same CD + thumb drive situation.

TIA,

Alan