Re: Changing Boot Order -- Happiness!

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 01:53:17PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

> *If* your motherboard has two round ports, stacked or side by side
> depending on your orientation, it's time to take another look at
> your motherboard's manual, in particular, the "Back Panel Quick
> Guide" or similar that depicts the rear view of the ports. You
> should see labels on the left end for the round PS/2 ports. The
> upper is for a mouse. The lower is for the keyboard. The actual
> mouse port should be green in color, the keyboard port purple.
  	Yes.  My keyboard was plugged into the _green_ port.  (my
	mouse is elsewhere).  So I shut down, changed my keyboard
	cord to the purple port . . . Voila!  That did the
	trick.  I can now press F11 and Del and both work as
	the manual says they should.  Even the mouse, to my surprise,
	makes its appearance.

	Mr Miata(should I write Signor? or Senor?), many thanks!
	and I congratulate(and envy!) you for being so perceptive.

	And I thank all the rest of the debian-user membership
	for being patient with me, and also thanks to those of you
	who concerned youselves with this problem.  It seems to me
	that it wasn't an obvious problem given that so many
	erroneous suggestions were made.  I think it fortunate
	that this E-list contains an expert of the quality of
	Mr Mieta.

Best wishes,

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://globaltap.com/~alan/
      "It is a great advantage for a system of philosophy