Re: Changing Boot Order

On 26 March 2016 at 16:53, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Saturday 26 March 2016 16:11:22 Alan McConnell wrote:
> I have been told by a kind responder that my keyboard
>             is inadequate, and I should borro(buy?) a new one.  Since
>             my present keyboard works fine for all purposes up to now,
>             I don't see why my difficulty should be attributable to
>             the inadequacy of my present keyboard.

We are looking for possible explanations.  A problem with your keyboard (from
the BIOS's point of view, not yours) is a likely explanation.  If you refuse
to try the suggestions made, on the grounds that you know that they are
wrong, it is difficult to help you.

In your position I would try several different keyboards of several different
types.  As many as possible.  If you can't lay your hands on another
keyboard, then you may be stuck.  Do none of the suggestions that do not
involve keyboards help?

Can you get someone to show you the repeated-clicking method to make sure that
you are doing it correctly?

Perhaps your motherboard is the thing that is faulty????  There is something
wrong with something.

Have you thought of upgrading my simply upgrading?

​On my AMD 3400 box I had to use the bios manually every time I wanted to boot linux - the grub menu would not spontaneously appear.

But upgrading to debian jessie and beyond somehow cured the problem.

Regds

MF​

Though make sure you know
what to do before you do it.