Re: Further to my installation error

Gene Heskett a écrit :
> On Friday 25 March 2016 15:48:56 Pascal Hambourg wrote:

(...)
> ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE
(...)
>   5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   0x0033   100   100   036    Pre-fail  Always       -       25
(...)
> On the drive which does have some "re-allocated sectors", and I read that
> 24 of 36 as getting uncomfortably close to the far end of the bathtub
> curve. I should be acquiring a fresh drive to assure continuity,

I think you're misinterpreting the numbers.

25 is the raw value (RAW_VALUE), the actual reallocated sector count.
36 is the threshold (THRESH) of the normalized value, not of the raw value.
The normalized value (VALUE) is 100.

The normalized value decreases towards 0 as the raw value increases. As
long as the normalized value remains above the threshold, things are
supposed to be fine. However thresholds are somewhat arbitrary.

Here we can see (also from other attributes) that :
- The initial normalized value is 100. This may vary among vendors and
models.
- The threshold is reached when the remaining reserved sector count has
decreased to 36% (threshold / initial value) of the initial count,
whatever it is.
- The current normalized value is still the initial value, so less than
1% of the reserved sector count has be consumed. However we cannot
estimate the total reserved sector count, only that it must be at least
2500 (25 / 1%).

Do you feel more comfortable now ?