Re: Monitor complains on my grub resolution..

On Wed 23 Mar 2016 at 08:52:46 (-0400), German wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 07:33:29 -0500
> David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Wed 23 Mar 2016 at 04:46:23 (-0400), German wrote:
> > > Whenever I boot in the system, while in grub, messages pops up on my
> > > monitor that I operate in 800x600 while preferred resolution is
> > > 1920x1080. After I got login prompt or in the system itself I god
> > > 1920x1080. But do I do with monitor message when it is in grub? Can
> > > grub go to 1920x1080 resolution and if so how do I go about it? Very
> > > annoying. Thanks
> >
> > It's in /etc/default/grub. That message times out, doesn't it?
> > I leave grub at a low resolution in case I need to substitute
> > a spare monitor any time.
>
> So you suggest don't pay attention to it? Yes, the message times out
> because 1920 resolution is kicked in. Don't bother with it? Thanks

Typically, many monitor models will time out that message even if you
do nothing. Some may suggest pressing monitor buttons to cancel it,
either one-time or for longer. But I don't doubt there are models
whose nagging is more tediously persistent.

(One of my machines runs with its 1680x1050 monitor on its side. That's
fine once    video=efifb fbcon=rotate:3    has kicked in, but my BIOS
and Grub screens are obviously displayed sideways.)

Cheers,
David.