Re: Monitor complains on my grub resolution..

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 04:46:23AM -0400, German wrote:
Whenever I boot in the system, while in grub, messages pops up on my
monitor that I operate in 800x600 while preferred resolution is
1920x1080. After I got login prompt or in the system itself I god
1920x1080. But do I do with monitor message when it is in grub? Can
grub go to 1920x1080 resolution and if so how do I go about it? Very
annoying. Thanks

Try adding the following lines to /etc/default/grub, then running "update-grub" as root.

GRUB_GFXMODE=1920x1080,800x600
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep

The first line will tell Grub to try your preferred resolution and, if not available, fallback to 800x600. Note that GRUB can only use VESA VBE modes which your graphics card claims to support. For laptop users, this usually means that widescreen modes are not available, but 1920x1080 might be available to you.

The second line tells grub to keep the same video mode when booting Linux (that is, you'll get a high-resolution console until Linux has booted enough to take over).

--
For more information, please reread.