can you boot a dvd iso file from a tv dvd player?

Dear Folks,

I own a Samsung BD-C5900 Blu ray/DVD player.

It's meant to be used for viewing movies etc recorded on blu ray discs etc.

Out of interest, would it possible to insert e.g. a debian minimal install DVD into it, connect to my PC via e.g. a usb cable and use it to boot up and install debian on it?

One of my optical drives seems to have malfunctioned and I wondered if it could substitute for it at all.

I googled around a bit and it seemed as though the dvd player is set up for video file formats not iso files etc.

But maybe it could still be made to work in some way......

Suggestions appreciated.

Regards

Michael Fothergill