Re: computer cann't shut down

On 03/20/2016 03:40 AM, Adam Wilson wrote:
On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 05:28:55 +0100
Jerome BENOIT <sphericaltriangle@rezozer.net> wrote:

Hello Forum:

On 20/03/16 04:42, Michael Milliman wrote:

On 03/19/2016 09:40 PM, lina wrote:
shutdown -h now

doesn't work. it still reboot.
This sounds like an issue with the hardware or BIOS not with the
Debian OS, or with the Desktop environment.  Though I have not had
this problem, I have had several others related to
shutdown/reboot/suspend/hibernate on various machines, but I know
for a fact that all such problems have been with the hardware/BIOS,
not the Debian software.  I don't know enough about the iMac to
offer anything more.
Does recent iMac have a BIOS ?

What do you mean by this?

Of course Macs have *initialisation firmware* (about which I know
nothing) but not necessarily MBR BIOS as seen on PCs.
And indeed, I also know little or nothing about iMacs, and so BIOS may well be the wrong term, but there must be some sort of firmware for booting and handling low-level stuff. Nevertheless, should Macs not handle the low level stuff the way a PC BIOS does, then my bet is on some sort of hardware problem.

--
Mike