Re: Further to my installation error

On 03/15/2016 04:22 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
So I am trying to use Gparted on Knoppix to wipe the disk thoroughly and I'll try in order (with a good Gparted wipe in between) Net install 8.02, CD1 8.03, net install 8.0.0 for a minimum install. Then, if I am still remotely, vaguely sane, I'll report back. Lisi
While you have GParted running, why not make the partitions you want using that, and format them to ext4. Then when you go to install the new system, just tell it to use existing partitions. If it asks to format them, you can let it--it won't hurt. That may take one possible problem
out of the process.

--doug