Re: flash? [OT]

On Tue 15 Mar 2016 at 14:51:13 +1100, Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> On 15/03/2016 1:47 PM, David Wright wrote:
> >> Nothing would ever happen if everyone adopted the logic of "oh well, I'm
> >> alone so I can't change anything". The journey of a thousand miles
> >> starts with a single step.

> >> They will notice when lots of people no longer use Flash, and we will
> >> force them to react accordingly.
> >
> > Please stop trolling on this list.
>
> Oh come on.
>
> Flash is on it's last legs; even Adobe is moving away from it.

So that is the writing on the wall? All Adobe's server products are out
of the window? No more flash products on SMART TVs? Adobe is moving to
some other technology?

Citation, please.

> Every computer that stops using flash will mean some websites will lose
> traffic; if they lose enough, then they /may/ change or they may die
> along with flash.

The first statement is bloody obvious. The second is conjecture based on
your idea that flash is dead (or soon will be).