Re: flash? [OT]

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:50:15 +0000 Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue 15 Mar 2016 at 06:00:27 +1100, Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> > The sooner, the better.... Flash needs to die ASAP.
>
> Total nonsense.

This is a very silly position. Of course *one person* declining to use
Flash isn't going to change anything- but that one person can influence
others to do so, and then others will boycott Flash, etc. How is it
that positive systemic changes are made in the real world? By the
action of the masses, and the action of the masses starts with the
action of individuals.

Nothing would ever happen if everyone adopted the logic of "oh well, I'm
alone so I can't change anything". The journey of a thousand miles
starts with a single step.

> Does it even notice you didn't even visit its site? "By God", they
> say, Brian didn't watch Happy Valley; why not?; we must do something
> about this.

They will notice when lots of people no longer use Flash, and we will
force them to react accordingly.