Re: "A Modest Proposal" - was [Re: flash? [OT]]

On 3/15/2016 9:09 AM, deloptes wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:

On 3/15/2016 3:57 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
[snip]

The BBC isn't going to take a blind bit of notice if Brian and I don't
watch
Happy Valley.  It really isn't going to care.  It has its licence money.

Even Channel 4, which relies on advertising for its revenue, is totally
indifferent to the fact that Linux users can't watch it on a computer.
Well,
Brian probably can.   But he hasn't let the rest of us into the secret.
[snip]

Have any that think flash is inferior actually written a polite
letter {preferably the snail mail variety] to a senior executive
(President, CEO, COO, etc) of the content provider?

When I was not able to watch the national channel with flash player under
linux, few days later they wrote back, that the problem was fixed and
indeed since then it is working fine.

The transition to HTML5 will take years - be patient and pray ;-)

regards

I don't know current statistics, but in the pre-WEB era one letter written indicated that 100 or more others had the same problem. As to "flash" etc, I've yet to find a site that actually needed it to give me relevant content. YMMV ;/