Re: Does anyone know how to configure a Brother MFC-J5720DW with cups?

On Tue 15 Mar 2016 at 08:11:12 (+0100), jdd wrote:
> Le 15/03/2016 03:30, David Wright a écrit :
> >On Mon 14 Mar 2016 at 22:43:04 (+0100), jdd wrote:
>
> >>so we already use an apple thing, why not two?
> >
> >Writing "why not" implies disapproval.
>
> not from me, but from others, may be. Else why not use simply the
> Brother driver? Is Airprint free? and secure?
>
> freedom is very difficult to define when you get close to the
> hardware. After all, every BIOS/UEFI is closed source as far as I
> know, and the open source bios project is not very active...

OK, the fact that you only addressed that part of my posting means
that I'll stop here. None of your earlier suggestions has seemed
sensible to me or advanced my understanding of AirPrint. (Notice "me":
I'm not claiming to know what others think.)

You write "Is Airprint free?". Is this a real question or a pointed
remark designed to create more discussion? I can't tell. Why don't
you just look it up?

You write "not from me, but from others, may be." Perhaps you
might google the following phrase. That's what I think.

"creating an impression that a specific and/or meaningful statement has
been made, when only a vague or ambiguous claim has been communicated"

Cheers,
David.